New to DSLR Astrophotography

Kelowna_Dave

hi Russ

Here's an image of the advanced setting I use with PHD. Seem to work fine. I have the same guidecam as you. It's the Kwiq guider which is a QHY5 on a 9x50 finder scope. Hope this helps if you're having problems.

dave

No, no problems - I've played around a lot and use different settings for different locations in the sky and different sky conditions.

I'm interested to see, how people are using PHD.

My callibration steps are by far higher - 2500 to 3500 ms btw. I can calibrate between 5 to 40 steps but usually aim for 15-20. What are your guideport settings in EQMOD? ST4 or pulse? My pulse guiding works better than ST4...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no problems - I've played around a lot and use different settings for different locations in the sky and different sky conditions.

I'm interested to see, how people are using PHD.

My callibration steps are by far higher - 2500 to 3500 ms btw. I can calibrate between 5 to 40 steps but usually aim for 15-20. What are your guideport settings in EQMOD? ST4 or pulse? My pulse guiding works better than ST4...

Sorry, I don't use EQMOD, ST4 or pulse. At least I don't recall ever installing them. My QHY5 plugs directly into my NEQ6 Pro mount.  All I use is ASCOM to connect PHD to the QHY5 which has "on-board" drivers

Archived