NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TEC140 rides again.

ollypenrice

The arrival of Yves' 14 inch with full frame camera meant that the TEC, with Atik 4000 and about the same field of view, was not getting much use. Clearly 140/980 can't compete with 350/2400 for the same field. However, with the arrival of the Atik 11000 the gorgeous TEC can now give a hefty FOV, around 2 deg x 1.5. This meant ordering TEC's rather costly flattener but at least I know know that if someone makes an even bigger chip we can cover it. The necessary custom spacer arrived last week and last night was a rather nail biting first light. Perfect! Really even illumination and nice stars corner to corner. The seeing decided to be highly turbulent but we got a good first run. The image belongs to our guests but I'm sure it will be appearing fairly soon. (Ghost Nebula and Iris in the same field. Exciting stuff.)

TEC140%20RIDES%20AGAIN-L.jpg

The flattener:

TEC%20140%20FLATTENER%20in%20situ-L.jpg

Olly

Hi Olly

Neat! Can I have a pop if my WO 98 is still doing it's "Warp Speed please Mr Zulu" impersonation? :BangHead:

If I had any sense (which I patently do not) I would just leave all my kit at home when I come down!

Love as always to Monique. (The real reason I am coming. Her cooking is sublime!).

Cheers

Ian

Hi Olly

Neat! Can I have a pop if my WO 98 is still doing it's "Warp Speed please Mr Zulu" impersonation? :BangHead:

If I had any sense (which I patently do not) I would just leave all my kit at home when I come down!

Love as always to Monique. (The real reason I am coming. Her cooking is sublime!).

Cheers

Ian

Nah, I won't let you near it. You only come for the food.

:grin: lly

Archived