NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Colour flat frames

m37

Hi

I've taken some flat frames andn in the optical path there is a fringe killer filter. This needs to be here to pick up any dust etc. on it but it is giving my flats a blue colouring. Do I need to make these monochrome? I was thinking blue flats might remove too much blue from the final stacked image.

cheers

I know when using DSS, it doesn't make any difference. I have no experience of other applications. I believe that the processing actually applies the flats in greyscale anyway, and the colour tint of the flat has no bearing. Mine often have a blue tint as I use a CLS clip filter. If you're using DSS just use the flats as they are.

I know when using DSS, it doesn't make any difference. I have no experience of other applications. I believe that the processing actually applies the flats in greyscale anyway, and the colour tint of the flat has no bearing. Mine often have a blue tint as I use a CLS clip filter. If you're using DSS just use the flats as they are.

Thanks mate for the quick and comprehensive response. Much appreciated.

Archived