Can I connect Fuji Bridge Camera to Travelscope?

Hi All,

Just received my Celestron Travelscope 70 in the post and can't wait to get started. I'd dearly like to try using my Fuji X-S1 Bridge camera to it, but after some reading am baffled as to whether it's possible! If I had a proper SLR or DSLR I understand I'd need a T ring but it looks like this is only useful if you can physically remove your lens - which on a bridge camera you can't.

Can anyone offer me some up to date advice please?

Anakeimai

you want to look at something called digiscoping or afocal imaging but to be truthful you are better off trying without a scope attatched because the travelscope is alt az mounted and its not a suitable mount for deep space photograhy. You may get some product by opening the the apparture on your camera attatching it to a tripod then stacking 20- 30 sec photo's. (I think the camera has a bulb setting. ) pics will be noisy and you may have to experiment with iso settings to stop it blowing out any detail but you may get something.

Archived