Sat 24 app on iPad

When I look at this it shows me UTC time and 2 hours ahead. I know UTC is the same as GMT.

I just looked at 22.35 but the furthest it scans ahead is 21.15 ie 22.15 BST 10 mins behind the current time, I thought it was meant to forecast cloud movements over the next hour or so?

I'm obviously misunderstanding something can anyone explain.

I don't know about the app but the sat24 website doesn't show a forecast, just current and past data, it is then up to the observer to interpret that information and make a best guess where the cloud is heading based upon movements over the last couple of hours.

It's also worth pointing out that the sat24 app itself has some terrible reviews against it which is why I haven't yet parted with any of my hard earned pennies for it.

That explains it, many thanks. I do use it like that but it was one of those annoying things I was wondering about.

I have the web page saved as well but tend to use the app as its quicker to open. I only use it for the cloud over the UK, and it seems to work ok, I change it to infrared view at night. I wouldn't spend a lot on it, can't remember how much it was, maybe a couple of quid. The web page does the same job though so its just a question of the convenience.

Archived