Yet another Nova Delphini 2013 in full moonlight.

In spite of the full moon I was able to find the Nova in 8 x 42 binoculars and also had a go at imaging it.

This is only my second go (I think) at using RGB as I've been rather hooked on narrow band.

The image consists of 31 x 60 seconds in each of the RGB through my Megrez 72.

I had some difficulty in getting the Nova in the frame knowingly as I found the finder charts on the web not much use and usually with no apparent scale. Only after taking some subs was I able to look at other peoples pics and see that I was in the right place. The delightful triple star below and left of the nova in the cropped version made it easy to confirm. I haven't yet identified any other stars as I'm a bit short of time.

Full field of view

Nova2013-1.jpg

crop

Nova2013-2.jpg

Dave

Thanks for the idea Tim. I haven't done so but was wondering about the BAA of which I am a member. They seem to have loads already so not quite sure. I'm also not sure how careful you have to be in the processing for it to be of any use.

Dave

I was having a go at imaging this last night also. It was a bit trickier than usual to find with the nearly full moon being so close.

I presume without success :sad: The problem is that it is now apparently fading and may not be easily visible once the Moon is out of the way.

It seems that I have caught the Blue Flash planetary nebula ngc 6905 near the top of the wide image just left of centre looking like a blue star.

Good luck if you can have another go.

Dave

Archived