Meade RCX 400 16" Cable needed

Hello all,

I am currently looking to get a new scart cable for our Meade RCX 400 16" telescope. We are based in Dubai and

was wondering if anyone had any good websites that I can purchase one from?

Its a 13 top, 12 bottom connection.

Many thanks,

John

Are you sure it's a scart lead dude? All my scart tv leads are 21 pin. You seem to have 25 in total.

Is it a 25 pin ribbon cable by any chance? Not familiar with this scope but could be one of these:

post-31053-0-99104400-1374585006_thumb.j

If it is, what is on the other end and are the ends male or female?

Sure someone here knows exactly what you need so hang on till they advise you properly but if it's a fairly standard ribbon cable, which is usually the case, and not a special one for telescopes, you could just get one from Amazon or eBay for not much at all.

cheers

Just had a quick scout around and if you download the PDF manual from here: http://www.meade.com/software-manuals/telescope-manuals/rcx400 and have a look at page 73 it shows a DB37 cable (37 pins in total so too many for you) and a DB9 to DB25 cable. I'm guessing the cable you want is the second one as it has 25 pins on one end which you mentioned in your post. Does the other end have 5 on top and 4 on the bottom? This seems to be for the the mount AUX connector.

If it is a DB9 to DB25 then they seem to be on ebay etc for a few GBP. You could always ask your retailer or email Meade and check?

cheers mate

hmm. not what the manual suggested it should be. I'm Assuming the end on the right of the picture is the broken bit.

I'd bet it was one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d35b6e551

They are still used a lot in music studios and come with a variety of connectors.

You'll probably be wanting a D-SUB 25 pin lead by the looks of it. Just check that you get the correct configuration of male / female connections.

Male is the hollow connector with little pins visible, female is the solid one with mini holes in it. Just get a lead that has the opposites to the ones on the scope/mount.

Hope this helps, should be fairly cheap. If this doesn't look like the connections on the mount then let me know.

cheers

Oh and if you're not sure and you buy something anyway then just compare the end of the cable to what you're plugging it into so you don't risk splatting something expensive, that scope looks pricey!!!

thanks

Archived