Stellarvue Planetary

jetstream

Does anyone recognize this eyepiece-is it similar looking to another brand?This eyepiece gives fantastic views....at times...of the planets & moon,it gives about 128x in my scope-too much for a lot of my conditions,but when its working its working.It seems fussier in my scope,but a while ago it beat all of the eyepieces I had at the time-including TV's.Saturn was fantastic,possibly the best view I ever had was with this,but it doen't seem consistent,maybe due to cold weather isues who knows.But at $100.00 US,it is quite a deal.So far this summer it has worked very well when conditions allow-this issues I had seem to be winter related in general.Any opinions on this eyepiece are welcomed.

Going to say a terrible thing here.

It looks just like the Stellarvue 4.9mm planetary eyepiece that Stellarvue still produce and sell.

StellarVue

20mm eye relief apparently.

Scroll down to the botom of the page, they produce 2.9mm, 4.9mm and 6.1mm versions.

Purchase all 3 for $229.

They do not say what the lens arrangement is internally.

An almost identical looking eyepiece is the Astro Professional LE eyepiece.

Example here on TS, scroll down to the Astro Professional tab, the first 3 look the same and the focal lengths are within 0.1mm. There are probaly others of the same desing as I guess they are Chinese manufactured and badged by a few companies.

Not however a listed eyepiece on the Astro Professional site.

Going to say a terrible thing here.

It looks just like the Stellarvue 4.9mm planetary eyepiece that Stellarvue still produce and sell.

StellarVue

20mm eye relief apparently.

Scroll down to the botom of the page, they produce 2.9mm, 4.9mm and 6.1mm versions.

Purchase all 3 for $229.

They do not say what the lens arrangement is internally.

An almost identical looking eyepiece is the Astro Professional LE eyepiece.

Example here on TS, scroll down to the Astro Professional tab, the first 3 look the same and the focal lengths are within 0.1mm. There are probaly others of the same desing as I guess they are Chinese manufactured and badged by a few companies.

Not however a listed eyepiece on the Astro Professional site.

On the eyepiece it says made in Taiwan and it does have a fair bit of eyerelief,but the thing is, does a guy get all 3 of this type for a better deal or try one out for more money to see?I'm glad I never got the set,eventhough at times it excells.This eyepiece is the reason for the TV 3-6 Zoom,with the only critcism on this being the tighter eye relief...eyelash oils & fogging in the cold.Have you tried a Luminos?I'm curious to here of these as they are critisized,maybe I just got a good one.The Stellarvue does look like that eyepiece in the link & I imagine they are all rebranded generic stuff.I wonder what other brands are made in Taiwan?

Archived