NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

University Optics OPS orthoscopics

Does anyone have one or had a UO OPS orthoscopic? They are coatings like planetary contrast filter built into one of the 4 lenses on the orthoscopic I have A 9mm OPS I wish I knew how to download a picture to show everyone They only made these for 1 year in 2005 Mike Palmentii and jan at UO got into this and made special formulated filter that is deposited onto the lens and acts like a enhancement of contrast on the planets with a darker background very rare and hard to find these

I've read about them but I've never seen one other than on the Cloudynights forum. I've owned quite a few of the standard University Optics orthos and they were fine eyepieces :smiley:

Yep I got a 7 and 18mm uo abbé volcano top orthos and the 9mm is the OPS volcano top ortho which it has orange brown coatings when you pointed to a bright light Instead of the blue green coatings in my other uo orthos The OPS does show better subtle details easier on the planets and makes them darker too

Archived