NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TS OAG 9mm and QHY5L II

Hi everyone,

does anyone know what adapter is needed to connect QHY5L-II as guider camera with TS OAG? Does it come with standard package or should it be purchased separately?

Never mind, I've found out. QHY5L-II comes with C-mount and TS OAG9 has T-thread, so it seems that C-mount (male) to T2 (female) adapter is needed.

I've got a TS OAG 9mm and a QHY5 (not a L II) and they fit nicely together. The only issue I had was fitting the OAG to the coma corrector, I had to get a small adapter, the other side was direct to a DSLR so no problems there. I haven't yet had any problems finding a guide star and using an OAG has certainly made my guiding better. :)

I didn't get the chance to try it with QHY5, but I think that when you remove the 1.25" nose piece from it the T-thread is revealed, and it fits TS OAG 9mm directly.

Unfortunately, the new QHY5 II models have a different body design with lower diameter (31.6mm) and c-mount.

Good to hear, I'm just starting with OAG and hoping for good results too. Also, these are my first posts on this forum. :)

Greetings from Montenegro.

Archived