NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to open Philips ToUcam PRO II (PCVC840K) case?

mikehab

Hi - I'm using a Philips ToUcam PRO II (PCVC840K) webcam for imaging - but I believe the original IR filter is still inside as I have never opened it. I'm adding a Baader IR cut filter to the 1.25" nosepiece - so I'm thinking that I now might have two IR blocks in there .... so I would like to remove the original IR filter from inside the 840K.

Does anyone know how to open the case of the 840K without damaging it? I've removed the 2x philips screws at the base but that doesn't seem to have released the case.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

Actually - please ignore.... I have since been informed that the IR filter was part of the lens unit which one had to take out in order to screw in the 1.25" nosepiece. I bought my 840K second-hand off eBay so never actually had the original lens assembly ... so I wrongly assumed that the IR filter was attached to the CCD housing like many other webcams I've modded. No original lens = no original IR filter ... so I don't need to take the thing apart after all. Happy days.

Mike

Archived