Help Identifying Barlow Lens

So after much deliberation and umming and erring, I've just taken the leap and purchased my first 'proper' telescope, a Skyliner 200P. I'm very impressed with it (although haven't had much in the way of clear skies since I purchased it - sods law!), got some great views of the moon to start with on the first night though.

The main reason for purchasing was to take contrail photographs of airliners in flight, however I'm also interested in the stars (but not so much for photography). To help with this quest, I've purchased a Barlow lens from Ebay which has arrived today, although no chance to use it yet. I was after a Revelation ED after recommendations for my particular interest, however all outlets were out of stock so I went for this generic one (hoping to get some idea of what it was after it arrived!).

I have no clue what sort it is, and although I've had no chance to try it out yet I'm now debating whether I made the right choice, and whether I should send it back and hold off for the Revelation to come back into stock. (This cost £39 which I believe I can get a Revelation for a similar price).

I've attached an image of it, it is a 2.5" 2x Barlow lens with green writing. Absolutely no markings on it whatsoever, however it feels very well built and solid - just don't want to rig it all up and risk marking it if I am going to send it back!

Many thanks in advance!

Noel

post-30308-0-45967100-1366918053_thumb.j

I had one of those and it was a perfectly good barlow, if a touch long. I don't think you'd notice any difference switching to Revelation.

However, if you must, the Altair Astro have their 2" ED barlow in stock and like many of their accessories, it is the GSO/Revelation barlow marked with their own brand.

Russell

Archived