NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Advanced VX mount with C6-N

I've just set this up properly for the first time outside the front door. I correctly aligned it and ran tests on NGC 2392, Jupiter, the moon and M35(?).

As a novice to motors and drives, I found the 2star alignment straight forward and easy to use. Not too much noise from the gears when moving and almost silent when tracking.

i'm well pleased with the mount and can't wait to upgrade the OTA.

i even got a Wow out of the wife when she saw the moon for the first time !

great couple of hours.

Stu

Took the mount out for the first time at the weekend and was very impressed with the precision. I did the 2-star align, then the polar align, and managed to get panstarrs within a 15mm eyepiece just by entering the coordinates. The next test will be doing some deep sky imaging with it.

Wizard4177, have you noticed your handset taking a few seconds to power on when you switch on the mount? It's the only thing about the mount that is concerning my at the moment. Everything else about it is brilliant!

Allie

Archived