NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help to make decision

Hi all

firstly I would like to let you know what equipment I have and what I'm thinking.

i have a celestron cpc 9.25 (hyperstar compatible)

celestron 80mm guidescope

celesteon HD wedge

imaging source DFK 21AU04.as ccd ccamera

canon 650d

this is all mounted on an altair astro pier

i bought the scope due to it being advertised as good all round scope so as a first scope I though it to be a good idea.

since starting about 4 months ago I have realised that I'm interested deep space photography more than the planets and stars.

I have read up a lot on the hyperstar / fastar system that I can have with my scope but it comes in at around £900 I have also been looking at a new mono ccd camera as they seem to be better to use than the colour ones due to sensitivity, but again a good camera is around £1000 -£1500.

I'm wondering if the cost for the extra items is worth it for the cpc or should I look at investing in a new scope that is better suited for deep space.

i know that the eq6 is voted one of the best mounts so that would be the choice of mount but would like some feed back from users of other scopes and hyperstar users if possible.

thanks in adadvance gaz

Archived