Cleaning

Dear all,

I have a CPC800 and have been using it for about a year. I noticed some moisture condensating inside the corretor plate. In the page 44 of the manual, they say "...remove the accessories from the rear cell of the telescope. Place the telescope in a dust-free environment and point it down". As far as I know, this is the first time in the manual that these words show up: "rear cell". I want to make sure that I am understanding what they are saying: is it to remove the visual back, star diagonal, whatever is attached? Is that right?

Thanks, Fernando

Hi Fernando, what they mean is to remove the diagonal or any accessories like a focal reducer, from the back end (rear cell) to allow air to circulate and dry out the interior of the scope.

It's essential not to leave moisture inside, especially if the scope is stored for a period of time between use.

Some use silica gel to absorb moisture, but make sure it cannot fall inside the scope.

All the best from another continent, Ed.

Archived