HFD Focusing with Brightstar Mammut

Hello all

I have a few questions concerning HDF focusing. When I start out (having prefocused roughly), and i start out w. e.g. a value of four, it will go down to 3.5, 3.17, the best I've reached *taking account of seeing) is 2.53. Now, My question is, do the values keep going down (e.g. 4, 3, 2, 1), or will they go down as I reach focus, and up again as I get out of focus (for example 4, 3, 2, 3, 4).

The other question is while I can reach focus with my main scope (1000mm f/5 200" Newtonian SW 200P), I can't seem to quite reach focus on my 9x50 finderscope (focal lenght seems just a tad too far). Is there something I can do?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Andy

Correction..the focal length in the fnder seems to be too short (I can't screw in the cam, nor the focuser in front (I've taken out the focus ring) any more than I already have. In other words, the cam sensor seems to be just a bit out of the range of the focused image projected by the lens. I was thinking of trying it w/ a Barlow lens, or the regular finder scope lens.

Archived