NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some assistance on the green moving object

lucas1860

Tried a bit of sky photography tonight, just around Jupiter. When I downloaded the pictures i was aware of a green object to the right of the first picture, follow the line of the moons and you can see it to the right. As you view the other pictures you will see its moved in each frame. Sadly i was only test the equipment so its not the best quality. I know it wasn't an aircraft. Your thoughts please.

12jann018.jpg

12jann019.jpg

12jann020.jpg

12jann021.jpg

12jann022.jpg

Hope its not on the or in the wrong forum.

Jim

They were taken with a 5 second exposure, i was just setting up when the cloud cover came over.

Sorry, not being particularly au fait with AP, do the five images span five-seconds? Or is each image a five second exposure?

I was asking about the former, rather than the latter :)

The shot

Sorry, not being particularly au fait with AP, do the five images span five-seconds? Or is each image a five second exposure?

I was asking about the former, rather than the latter :)

Sorry the shots were 5 seconds each over around one minute.

Jim

At first, I would have suggested an internal lens reflection of Jupiter but upon scrolling down through each photo, Jupiter appears to be moving to the right while the green dot moves to the left by about the same amount :confused:

Archived