Noise Ninja no More

deaning

I have used NN the photoshop plugin for a while with great results and on a recent visit to check for updates found it has been discontinued and replaced by Photo Ninja, a raw editing suite including a revamped NN 3. Pretty damned impressed with it. It is standalone so you have to save as tiff then open in photoshop but they will be adding plugin support soon.

http://www.picturecode.com/index.php

I quite liked NN in previous incarnations and I would imagine that a standalone NR program is not going to be as much in demand with the current crop of sensors performing so well at the higher ISOs, so it makes sense to add something more to it but any raw editing suite will compete against the likes of Lightroom and NX2 ( not to mention a few others ) which are incredibly well established already. Good luck to NN as competition keeps the others on their toes.

Archived