NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A little Mac video for you ATIK users..

NickK

Firstly excuse the dressing gown :D Just to bring you an update if you've not been following my blog :)

Just an initialisation demonstration of the 100% native Mac OSX drivers running through my actual cabling used when I'm outside. The app is the fledgling app I'm creating as a Mac equivalent to Artemis Capture with direct control and sequencing - it sits on AOSX (indeed the driver interface is identical to AOSX client interface).

Cable A - plugged in first - is 5M repeater -> 5M repeater -> USB cable -> ATIK 383L (USB2.0)

Cable B - plugged in second - is 5M repeater -> 5M repeater -> powered USB hub -> ATIK Titan (USB2.0), ATIK 16IC (USB1.1), ATIK EFW2 (USB2.0).

You'll note - the 383L initialisation with the shutter through the filterwheel space, the blue cable going dark is the 16IC being initialised.

The drivers are 95% fully operational with Titan auto-black level optimisation (speed rather than functioning), Guide ports and overlapped shots still need to be completed. Exposures, binning, subframing, setpoint temps, preview modes, filterwheel operations etc are all functioning.

Some stats:

* 50,000 bias length exposures, full frame in preview mode, on the Titan at an average of 19.7 fps over 42 minutes - faster than the PC.

* 383L download time, full frame, is about 10 seconds - faster than the PC.

* 16IC download time, being USB1.1 at fullframe, is about 4 seconds - I think this is faster than the PC too...

Next up..

* finish the app..

Archived