Surely I don't have to.......

Hello,

Finally after being telescope-less for 6 months I have taken delivery of a 200PDS with HEQ5 syncan. The FLO delivery was far quicker than I imagined so it all sat in the box for 3 days before I had chance to look at it! Very impressed with the build quality, but only pointed at a distant leaf through the window so far..... I collimated fully and now waiting for some sky.

I switched the synscan on today to practice. A high pitched pulsing tone while on whether tracking or not - I assume that's normal? I used to have a GM8 mount several years ago so these things are not totally new to me - it didn't whistle at me though(!)

So, to the title of this thread - everytime I switch the synscan on, the time has reverted back to 20:00:00hrs. Lat and long etc are held correctly but time keeps re-setting. Surely I don't need to set the time every boot up? And do you have to pass through the set up on turn on? Escape takes me back to the sun warning and enter starts set up. Is there a way to bypass the five or so set up screens?

Thanks,

Andy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, you do have to enter the time and date each time. I don't know about bypassing the setup, it's ages since I used my handset - I use EQMod almost exclusively now so I don't need to worry about the setup screens at all. ;)

Thanks both for your faster than light replies.

Oh well, at least I won't have to replace a little silver battery every 6 months. I suppose I can bear it. Now you're going to tell me there is a battery in there but it doesn't save anything useful.... :rolleyes:

Archived