Polar alignment scopes

If you are talking about the new version it has this as standard for Polar alignment

New All-star Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment.

Not sure what that is, but it would seem to be an upgrade from using the normal polar alignment system.

It does seem strange that an £1800 mount has no polar scope. However I did find these which would explain the lack of one.

To make a casual polar alignment for visual use quick and easy, there’s a latitude scale with large ergonomically-friendly altitude and azimuth adjustment knobs. No polar alignment finderscope is available to aid in the precise polar alignment required for long exposure astrophotography, nor is any needed. A unique Celestron All-Star Polar Alignment program built into the NexStar hand control helps you do a very precise computerized polar alignment in mere minutes, using any bright star, even when Polaris is hidden by trees or buildings. It works in both northern and southern hemispheres.

I got the Polar Alignment scope for my CG-5 but I never use it except for a 'very' rough polar alignment. As above, I use the All-Star Polar Alignment from the HC, which I would use anyway to get a more precise alignment than the polar scope provides.

Spectre

Archived