Stellarium

When you have installed your mount in Stelarium you can click on a target and your mount will slew to it without any other software being needed.

Jim

How does the Stellarium progam know what the telescopes starting point is if I don't have the ability to do a star alignment?

I am assuming you have the mount connected to your PC/laptop with a USB/Serial adapter.

You have to use your handset to get your alignment, then when that is complete check which Com Port your mount is using, install the mount in Stellarium and configure the port, also tick the box at the bottom to ensure the bullseye will be on screen, close Stellarium and restart and the bullseye will be onscreen, mine is always in the region of Polaris, click on a target and the mount should slew to it if you have set up correctly.

Jim

Sorry if I was not clear enough , or I am being thick , I do not have the Synscan goto hand set only the Syntrek none go to , so as far as alignment is concerned this is not possible with my current hand set , so the question would be is it possible to use Stellarium without doing a star alignment

Jeff

Archived