Reducers and Focal Point Help

I'd like to add a focal reducer to my guide scope to increase the FOV and shorten the focal length. But I'm needing some help understanding what will happen to the focal point of my set-up if I add a focal reducer into the mix.

I have a skywatcher 9x50 finder as a guide scope and use a webcam to capture the image which has a FLO nosepiece attached. If I added a focal reducer, like the one in the link below, onto the end of the nosepiece would it make a massive difference to the focal point? I'm concerned it would bring the focal point closer to the lens and then not be able move the camera that close because of the finder body.

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/antares/barlow-lenses/focal-reducer/0.6x.html

**Bump**

I have no idea, Russell. I was thinking of getting a f-reducer for my frac at some stage but I'm not sure if they'll work with newts. I've often read folk having problems with getting the image in focus. Personally, judging by the superlatively excellent advice and service FLO offers, I'd write a short email to him at First Light Optics and see if he can help you.

Archived