Atik CCD Flat Frame

In DSS is says use Average speed (shutter) and "The flat frames should be created with the ISO speed of the light frames. The temperature is not important", so as there's no ISO and Average speed, do we use them and if so how are they made,,,Thanks in advance....

Nice'n'easy. Set up your light source and take an exposure in the same bin mode as the lights, though for you this will always be bin1 with OSC. Try half a second. If the image screen blacks out you have saturated it so reduce the exp time by a lot and try again.

Now look at the Display window. You'll see a black point value and a white point value. The white point value should be somewhere around 23,000. Increase or decrease exposure times till you get this and then check the Autosave box and grab yourelf about 35 subs.

How DSS deals with debayering these flats I don't know but I presume it knows what to do. I use AstroArt.

Olly

Archived