NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexguide autoguider help please???!!

nikocel8

can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?! I have an SE8 on the CG5 EQ mount an 80mm guide

scope mounted on top of all of that with the Nexguide auto guider. I have read the little instruction booklet. I have used Polaris, Dubhe and Caph. ( I cant use Vega as I need to add another balancing weight). I cant get it to pick up or lock

on any stars. I am using a parfocal eyepiece, focusing through a 32 eyepiec first then replacing it with the Nexguide. I have

increased zoom, tried to figure out the Noise (the screen only goes to black fuzz when noise is at 0-1). This was the 1st night

I have tried to use it and I understand there may be a learning curve, but if someone can tell me in really simple terms

what to try I would be forever grateful! If this is the wrong place to post this I apologize!

Thanks

tracy

after a 5 minute call to Celestron support (no help I might add) I changed the way I was asking my question in Google

and low and behold I find out I need to callibrate the dang Nexguide. I search back through the maual and although it

isnt one of the "steps" in the set up it does tell you there is a callibration setting. I need to remember to read, read then reread!

Will try it again tonight!

Tracy

• 1 month later...

I have used Nextguide succesfully. You must use a high magnification eyepiece to find a guidestar. I also found it very hard to find guidestars. I changed guiders to a Meade DSI I , and now I get a guidestar everytime with no effort.

Archived