NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New 80mm guide scope question

Just recieved my 80mm guide scope and auto guider its all mounted and ready to go. I have

to take it apart to take it all outside but I couldnt wait to see how it looked! Aside from aligning the

80mm with my SE8 tube is there anything else to know that will make using this set upi easier?

The set up right now

CG5 Eq mount

celestron SE8 tube

NexGuide auto guider

Cele 80mm guide scope

Nikon D80

Thanks!

Tracy

The guide scope only needs to be tightly secured to the main tube assembly. Alignment with the main tube is not critical as you sometimes have to offset the guidescope to find a suitable guide star anyway. The main thing is to make sure it doesn't move in relation to the imaging scope during exposures. This is called 'flexure' and will cause trailed stars in the image.

thank you! The husband and I were discussing wether it had to be aligned or not. I didnt do anymore looking after I read

the Info part on the Celestron site and it said to align with main tube. Am waiting on the wind to settle down now....waiting...waiting

thanks again!

tracy

Archived