NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

canon 600d arrived

g7hej

well finally got a dslr canon 600d and my brother has gave me a few bits to go with it, got stock lens and a sigma 28-200 marco plus a sigma dg 70-300 got cpl filter?? and uv filter thanks big brother lol, i bought a tripod and remote control off ebay tonight, i am wanting to take photos of the moon for starters, have we any tips to get me started,

regards graham

Hi Graham,

I bought a Canon 600D a couple of months back and bought APT to control it. APT is superb and well worth the money, allowing picture sequences to be automated, transferred to your PC, without the need to store them on the camera card, all using the supplied Canon USB cable, so you don't need a remote.

I use my Canon on a C11, but would still use APT even if I used a stock lens, it would just be easier to focus and take time lapse/log exposure pics.

If using it on a tripod without tracking your exposures will need to be failry short, depending on the focal length of the lens/scope, say up to 30 seconds.

Archived