eq2 mount.

Ive set the top of my eq2 mount the opposite way around to the illustrations with the slo mo cable facing towards the front of the scope.The instructions for the skywatcher eq2 shows the slo mo cable facing towards the rear.I set it this way as a preference to where I felt comfortable.I switched round as per the illustrated instructions(sw130)but found it really awkward.Are there any issues that you know of that would cause problems with me having it like i do...cheers

The slow mo controls will fit either side of the spiggot, you may have to move them from time to time as sometimes they will come into contact with the mount as it is rotated, you certanly will not cause any damage to the mount.

Kev.

The slow mo controls will fit either side of the spiggot, you may have to move them from time to time as sometimes they will come into contact with the mount as it is rotated, you certanly will not cause any damage to the mount.

Kev.

on my eq2 mount the slo mo cables only attach to one side .the top(RA)section of the mount obviously spins all the way arond with the 90 degree mark on the south and north position. if i position as per instructions the pointer for the RA setting circle is at the rear beneath the scope with the slo mo"s facing south.this also puts the thumb screws for the ra/dec really close together.MY way is to rotate the RA part of the mount so the setting circle pointer is at the front and visible and the slo mo is facing north.....feel somethings not quite right hehe

Archived