NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with set up for guiding

proflight2000

Hi all, I am after some general help and have attached a couple of pics to show what I am after doing. You will see on the back of my 200 that I have a Seben 90mm spotting scope, infact it works great when pointed to the sky, much better than I ever imagined it would. Ok my dillema, I want to use this scope with my camera attached to the back of it which it can do, I will then use this to attempt a few pictures. The skywatcher 200 acting as the guidescope.

Can anyone tell me what exactly id need to place the seben in the middle of the scope as i dare not use it as it is screwed into the 200s ring at the moment, any ideas would be much welcomed, thanks.

1197_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1198_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

very clever indeed, i do need to make allowances for the weight of the seben though, but saying that, it does rest on my tripod pretty well, but i may have a go at this idea, the spacer issue is a good one too, the only thing id like to ask is have you set up someway of allowing left and right movement?? thanks.

Archived