Manchester cloud dodging - My first pics!

hyp78

Hi all,

Had an interesting night out in the garden. Have had the scope for over a month but been learning the ropes in the few clear spells we've had. Tonight promised to be 'mostly' cloud free with very little rain. Thats practically an Atacarma style forecast after what we've had lately. Also, tis the first vaguely clear night since I finally got all the connectors to take photos properly so its my first night experimenting with it all. Results are a little rushed/dubious but show promise I think. Sadly a cloud front rolled over and it started drizzling at about 1:30am so was forced indoors.

Anyways this isnt a weather report..

I'm using a Skywatcher 200P, EQ5 (RA motor) and a Canon 1100. Moonlight CR2 focuser also (the stock one had an accident) - focusing still left a lot to be desired as you will see. All taken from my garden in a light polluted corner of north Manchester.

Targets for tonight were my favourite messiers, M31 Andromeda (have M32 and M110 on the pic also), M57 (Ring Nebula), M27 (Dumbell Nebula),and trusty M13 (Herc Globular). Attempted to find but failed, again, on the galaxies dotted around Ursa Major despite spending quite some time looking and shooting.

I've stuck my resulting pics into an imgur album. http://imgur.com/a/Nco27

The colour of M27 and M57 is just stunning, even if I do say so myself. Couldnt actually see M27 through the scope, just pointed and hoped for the best.

Clear skies!

Mike

Archived