Autoguiding setup with Fastar

Cant decide and looking for advice.

I went ahead and ordered a Hyperstar system to go with my Edge 8 HD although it dose image 25x faster ect I still want to guide it. In "normal" operating mode imaging at f10 2032mm fl I use a TS OAG 9mm with a Lodestar for guiding so that bit is solved.

I have a Lunatico Guidescope 60 mm 230fl f3.8 I don´t know whether to piggyback this on my 8 HD or go for a dual saddle I am going to use my DSI III OSC for guide camera. I do have a lodestar but after the length of time it took to get it just right with the autoguider I don´t dare take it off again even if the position is set with a par focal ring the orientation with the Atik 314 is perfect.

So what do the masses think? I just cant decide I might need whack in a 2x Barlow to get the image resolution down to 2.88" from 5.77" that might be a bit lose but then again I will be imaging at 425mm fl and accurately Polar aligned and I have guided well with my 190 MN at 1000mm fl with the Lunatico scope

Thoughts ideas opinions??

I suspect that the 230FL will be fine with the 425FL. Differential flexure (DF) is your enemy here and the introduction of a Barlow lens further risks the possibility of DF.

A substantial side by side mounting like the one produced by ADM would be a very good choice unless you can mount the Lunatico Guidescope 60 very solidly on the top of the Edge 8 HD.

Archived