SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Central Spain: Star-Party Las Majadas 2012

Star-Party Las Majadas 2012, Natural Park Serranía de Cuenca

June 15-17, 2012

Hi,

As every year I'm organizing a Star-Party in central Spain, 30km Northern the city of Cuenca, something in the middle between Madrid and Valencia.

The star-party is held in a Camping placed in a Natural Park, in a mountainous area with elevations about 1500m. Besides of the astronomical obverving we will have daytime activities for all the family.

We put special attention for the children. They will have a special observing sesion conducted by a teenager on a 12" dobsonian. Along the weekend will be some astronomy workshops for the children.

The attendance is free, you need just to cover your own expenses. However to organize the activities would be great to be registered.

We expect about 100 amateurs. Besides we usually share the telescopes, Meade Instruments Europe offers four big telescopes for the use of the attending people.

All the best

Patricio

More information in my website (in Spanish)

http://www.astrosurf.com/patricio/lasmajadas2012.htm

Don't hesitate to ask me any question at patricio (at) geo.ucm.es

panoramaloscallejones.jpg

Rock formations in one of the trips we will do.

panoramazona1majadas.jpg

Observation area inside the camping (elevation 1500m)

lasmajadascl.jpg

Luminic pollution map. Haircross for the camping. Madrid at the left, Valencia at the right.

Archived