aGent v5 prime focus

saysme

I have an aGent v5 that I would like to use as a guide camera through tasco99VR and also for planetary work. I presume the lens needs to be removed for prime focus, has anybody done this mod? My thought was to gently cut through the top of the plastic inner tube that can be partially removed and remove the turntable focus lens. I would be interested in any other mods to this camera.

There should be a screw on the underside I believe, remove that and the entire webcam barrel slides out. Then you can remove the lens by unscreweing it. The fit, is I believe, the same as the SPC900 type. It's a CMOS based camera. I got one, but managed to break the sensor in my dismantling...

Thanks John, I have just pulled it apart removed the lens ready for its first test, all the literature states it's a CCD which was the reason for purchasing this model, do you know something different? Just did a quick test got a focused image 2x extensions approx 22cm from tube but at a very close object 5m. Thanks for your help now just need to get rid of the horizontal lines, I think that's a driver problem?

I bought one a few years ago, and posted the sensor shots on here... those in the know told me it wasn't a CCD sensor, but rather a CMOS. Like I say, I cracked the sensor during the dismantling stage... so never got to try it. Then, my QHY5v is a CMOS based camera and that works nicely for guiding, so it's not necessarily a problem.

Archived