NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Riccardi reducer

This is interesting though, like many interesting things, it is expensive;

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p5120_Riccardi-0-75x-Reducer-and-Flattener-for-Triplet-APO-Refraktoren.html

Mr Riccardi seems to know what he's about judging by the Riccardi-Honders astrograph from Officina Stellare.

According to TS this will work with the 80/480 triplet which I have bought from Altair Astro. That would come down to a sizzling f4.5. It just might work with our TEC140 as well. Now that would be very nice. TEC make only a flattener and no one has, to my knowledge, yet found a satisfactory reducer for this instrument.

I think I'll see if TS will let me have one to try on a strictly sale or return basis because at that price (plus the costly adapter which looks like 200 euros) I can't just 'risk it.'

The Riccardi is similar in price to the Tak reducer and actually cheaper than the TEC flattener but it is still a minty bit of glass.

Don't suppose anyone's tried one yet?

Olly

• 8 months later...

Well Olly am just about to order one for the APM... I'll let you know how I get on with it, the nice thing-

is it will screw straight onto my focuser and with adapters 90 euros worth I can attach a CCD and filter wheels or DSLR whithout fear of droop. :)

Well Olly am just about to order one for the APM... I'll let you know how I get on with it, the nice thing-

is it will screw straight onto my focuser and with adapters 90 euros worth I can attach a CCD and filter wheels or DSLR whithout fear of droop. :)

Good stuff. Hope it works out well.

Olly

Archived