New Telescope Advice

Hi Folks,

I am looking to purchase my first telescope after nearly a year of looking. After reading numerous reviews and articles, the two that fit into my budget are the Celestron 130eq and the Skywatcher 130. Based on what others have said I am beginning to lean towards the Skywatcher 130 scope. Would either of these be an excellent choice for a complete beginner?

Also, I am based in the Nottingham area and once I get going, is anyone aware of regular meet-ups for stargazing, talks, etc? I am already aware of the Nottingham Astronomical Society who have regular meet-ups in Keyworth.

I look forward to receiving your replies.

Regards,

John.

great starter scope will open a massive window of targets to see such as saturn with its rings and moons venus jupiter and its great red spot and moons when it comes back around. m13 a big globular cluster m31 the andromeada galaxy the ring nebula there's a lot these scopes can achieve but if you go here http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=188592 half way down theres an offer i think thats still avalibe for one that tracks its +£20 above your budget but would be worth it i think

Archived