Thoughts on these eyepieces?

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about getting the following 2 eyepieces as I have roughly £160 or so to spend:

21mm Baader Hyperion - 68 degree field of vision

5mm Celestron X-CEL LX - 60 degree field of vision

Has anyone got any thoughts after having experience with these? Or suggestions for something better or equal for a similar price (that is available preferably).

Any help is greatly appreciated :hello2:

What scope are you planning to use these in? I don't know the 21m Hyperion, but the 17mm is very nice. Comfortable to use and gives nice bright views.

The Hyperion should work well for you. The 5mm LX would give you 560x magnification. Probably too high to get used very often. How are the views through your 10mm with the Barlow? If that combination is good then the LX would probably be better but if it is normally fuzzy then it is likely the magnification is just too much. Have a look for a nice 9mm instead.

• 2 weeks later...

21mm Baader Hyperion - 68 degree field of vision

5mm Celestron X-CEL LX - 60 degree field of vision

I ended up going for a 17mm Hyperion and a 7mm celestron. The work with my scope at the weekend really showed me what it could do and I think those two will bring even more enjoyment. :)

Archived