NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

quick saturn ,mars,venus

morning guys

just a quicky last night cloud broke so nipped out with dob , and had a nice view of venus lovley sight sort of cresant, mars not to bad a little detail dark patches nice salmon colour then good old saturn

im affriad another WOW still get exchited when i see her a lovley cream,yellow colour very nice ring view saw some banding super view saw 3 moons and that was good . then cloud again.

• 2 weeks later...

We also managed a quick 3 planet night last night. Popped out as soon as it was dark to catch Venus - got a nice view of the crescent before it became completely obscured by clouds.

Then moved on to Mars, not much detail, but I think we need a bit of practice ( this was only our second time out with a scope). It was a nice red disk though.

Then we waited for Saturn to clear the chimney tops (the houses nicely masked the moon) so we could get a good look - lovely! Something I have been so looking forward to seeing, so glad we finally had some clear sky! The yellow colour almost looks unreal and I cant quite believe I am actually looking at the rings. Think we just picked out Titan, as well.

Cis

Archived