Strathspey 25x100 binos colimination

Hi guys,

Cadet Green reporting for duty and instantly in need of advice!

I recently bought a set of Stratspey 25 x 100 binos off ebay. I'm really pleased with their performance, both land and sky. However I managed to damage the tripod mount thread (connected to the centre shaft) so I removed it and had it rethreaded at my works. Thing is, when all was reassembled, I notice that the optics seem out of alignment. Reading at other posts it looks like they might need coliminating but I'm damned if I can find the adjusters. Any suggestions as to how I can fix it or even someone who provides such a service.

Thanks.

Jas

Jas, you could, of course try Strathspey direct to see if they will service them for you, or you could use the company FLO recommend to me who do all their work, that is :

Glasgow Binocular repairs, Central Chambers, 93 Hope Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G2 6LD

I do not have the tel No to hand, but the man who runs the business is called Doug, very obliging and makes reasonable charges HTH :D

John.

Archived