First Scope Focusing Problems

Hello

I'm very new to astronomy but my farther and I each brought a Celestron First Scopes about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying them ever since.

I have noticed a difference in focusing between the too scopes. One scope seems not to focus as well as the other, the image appears less shape when compared to the other identical scope. :)

This is true regardless of eye piece used so I'm guessing the problem is between the two mirrors.

Has anyone had a similar problem and could anyone suggest how I can improve the focusing and image of the scope??

Many thanks :)

-Joe

You could be correct in that it is the mirrors. The scope is very fast and also nothing says parabolic in the specification I can read.

Assuming both mirrors are identical and that it is not the eyepieces then the next is collimation. If one scope has the optics a bit more out of alignmnt then the other then the image will suffer. Again especially on a fast scope and f/4 is fast.

Now the catch, a collimating tool will cost about £30 which from what I can see is close to the cost of one of the scopes.

Archived