first scope advice

If you don't know the difference between a mak a dob, and an appo, nor wether a scope is suitable for photography, then you are new to the hobby and have no idea what you're looking for.

Help is at hand though - if you find something on e-bay or in high street stores, etc, then just post a link to it here along with your question, and you'll get lots of opinions from folks who know what to avoid and what not to.

This is why folks advise to stay away from those places in the early stages of your new hobby :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks again guys,i think ill probably go with the 130p,as it seems to be well liked on here.

I realy must congratulate you lot of a great forum,your advice over the last 24hrs has not only got me roughly to where i wanted to be(ie a good idea of the scope i want)and that is so differant to what i came up with,see post 1:eek:,but also probably saved me money and a whole heap of stress so again thank you all.

David whats a 2xBarlow is it like a teleconverter that doubles the focal length?

Watch this space{non pun intended:D)for more Q

Ged

Archived