NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Note to self..

Kaptain Klevtsov

When you've been watching huge banks of clouds approach all day on the Met. Office satellite images, don't bother going out and setting up.

Missed wednesday night due to social commitments, so I went for it last night. Dumb idea. Really dumb idea as I'd been tracking the clouds all evening.

Got the 'scope mounted and balanced, aligned the finder and set up the goto. Plugged the dew heaters in and clipped the wires out of the way. Put the camera on and got it focused. Found the Pelican, got the guide 'scope lined up and guiding and thought "woohoo, here we go!".

First 15 second binned 5x framing shot was off, so fiddled with the guide 'scope to centre the target, got it just about there and ...

No guide star, no stars at all in fact, just lots and lots of clouds.

Kaptain Klevtsov

this weekend looked promising a few weeks ago-

new flip system- check

new plossl- check

wife going to sisters withmum in law -check

kids going too- check

no fishing partner- check

back better from lifting scope- check

metcheck- oops- clouds, and then some.

so having signed up to slooh will be trying that out instead( will be posting on unconventional if nice pics)- how long will plate teutonics take to move the uk to the equator :D:lol:

KK you can't too harsh on yersen for trying mate! Just DON"T attempt it tonite :D:lol::p:lol::):lol::clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds1:

Ian, I'd be interested in your opinion of Slooh (Teneriffe :sunny: and soon Chile :sunny:), I thought it might make my wish list for Xmas or my B'day in October

Karlo

have kept it to self a little- as feel it`s cheating- but with the clouds at moment have been playing with it at night- at first i thought that`s quite cheap for a year at 100$- ( got bought it by wife) to control a telescope but seems to be down a lot of the time- but it`s quite good fun picking a target and seeing it materialise,- and some good pics ther- but i think i`ll have to put them under unconventional on the forum -the main thing is it`s keeping my intrest in this wheather!

Archived