NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Question about Skyliner 150p and Astrophotgraphy

So my Skyliner 150p should be arriving on Tuesday and I would like to try taking some photos of the moon when it arrives.

On the FLO website it said something about a direct SLR camera attachment, what i would like to know is does this work with any SLR?

And is it as simple as just connecting the SLR to the scope and taking photos, or do you need filters (i have seen people talking about moon filters and things on here) or other equipment?

Thanks

-Dan

Also very pleased with the service from FLO so far =)

You basically will use the telescope as an SLR lens. You won't need filters, just use short exposures for the moon. Don't expect to take photos of deep space objects. Take movies of planets and the moon, choose the good frames, align them, then average.

You basically will use the telescope as an SLR lens. You won't need filters, just use short exposures for the moon. Don't expect to take photos of deep space objects. Take movies of planets and the moon, choose the good frames, align them, then average.

Ok so videos are better than photos? And is there any software i can use? I heard people talking about a program that chooses the best frames and stacks them.

why shouldn't he expect to take pictures of deep space objects?

genuinely curious, I'm kinda doing something similar with him but I'm going to be rolling with Orion EON 120mm f/7.5 ED Apochromatic Refractor Telescope, and my Nikon D5100 DSLR

Archived