motor focus

hi guys, got 2 questions.... first the motorised focus for the sw 200p are they all the same size or do you need a certain model for each size scope? just that when focusing last night was getting alot of vibro when turning the focus and where would be best to buy from?.

second.... am going to invest in a dew shield next because even though the scope had cooled down for quite a while, when viewing jupiter there seemed to be a bit of shimmer on the image? would getting a dew shield also elimenate most of this or is there something im missing? scope had been outside for a good 2 hours had waited bout 45 min before viewing with the scope.

If you are talking about the Skywatcher Autofocus, its the same for all models from 150P to at least 250P. I have 200P and use the Skywatcher Autofocusser and its fantastic.

As for the shimmering, this could be down to sky conditions, or the seeing. which is caused by turbulence in the atmosphere and nothing to do with the actulal focus.

Hope that helps

Hi Gazer, I might be wrong but I'm sure Newtonian reflectors don't really need a dew shield like Catadioptric telescopes. As ibdvideo said the shimmering is probably down to the 'seeing'

As for vibration when focussing, I get this too with my Astromaster and have read if you can put the mount on grass, it can reduce the vibration. Problem I have is I don't have any grass lol

Radders

Archived