new telescope?

if you are aiming for astrophotograhy you really need to worry about the mount first you need a heq5 not the eq5 the ed80 should work fine on a heq5 for photography and will be fine on an eq5 for visual

i got that coming through post any day now, been told to read it im a ****** for jumping in and buying but i already made a expensive mistake and i thought i ask question first.cheers

the eq5 mount has been used to good effect by users of this site for AP,granted the heq5 is a sturdier mount ,but it isn't written in stone that it's essential.

to be fair there have been some people who have used an eq5 and there are many imagers on the web who say it's not up to the job.

I think the problem is that the eq5 can be a little variable, I would not recommend somebody get an eq5 in the hope that they get a good one.

yeah fair play mate can understand what your saying.theres a big price difference and i was hoping take the cheaper option but i dont want it to give me problems cos at end of day even the eq5 not that cheap

i got that coming through post any day now, been told to read it im a ****** for jumping in and buying but i already made a expensive mistake and i thought i ask question first.cheers

If you have bought it, all is not lost if it doesn't work as well as you hope Have a google on hypertuning an eq5 or cg5gt

no i not bought it i just put some money aside for the eq5 mount and was concentrating on saving for the scope.i made a mistake early on buying a 8inch dob,its a nice scope but i just jumped in and thought i could take photos but i soon found out it wasnt really possible hence lack of funds and saving.that was my mistake didnt want make another lol

Archived