NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2X Barlow and Neximage CCD.

1. Anyone tried using a 2X Barlow fitted to a Neximage CCD?? Because

I have one.

2. Can a Neximage CCD be used to take deep-sky objects? Any combinations of using a good astro software with the Neximage CCD?

Some people are good at producing good results and using the least..I'm ok with mods. Anyone tried anything like this?

Of course there's no subsitute in getting good equipment and gadgets though! :headbang: (soft) Help! :D

1. Anyone tried using a 2X Barlow fitted to a Neximage CCD?? Because

I have one.

Yes, and even stacked two 2x balows with it to get a large image of the moon and jupiter - but seeing conditions have to be very stable

2. Can a Neximage CCD be used to take deep-sky objects? Any combinations of using a good astro software with the Neximage CCD?

Nope! - Luna and planetary only

Some people are good at producing good results and using the least..I'm ok with mods. Anyone tried anything like this?

You can modify the standard Phillips web cam for long exposure - but out of the box the NexImage is a bit different, but can have the sensor changed, but expensive to do

Of course there's no subsitute in getting good equipment and gadgets though! :headbang: (soft) Help! :D

A second hand canon dslr is a good start for dso's

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, and even stacked two 2x balows with it to get a large image of the moon and jupiter - but seeing conditions have to be very stable

About using the 2X Barlow, any problems with focusing once you fit the Neximage into it??:D It tried it a few times and it is very difficult to get it right. Actually, I never got it, so I quit using the Neximage with my Barlow. Any steps or procedures that you'd recommend??

As mentioned, conditions have to be good when using barlows. I simply upped the gain and use an electronic focuser to get the image as sharp as possible. Occasionally the shimmering image jumps into focus - the trick is to take 3000 frames and then process the avi in registax and see what the end result is...

As mentioned, conditions have to be good when using barlows. I simply upped the gain and use an electronic focuser to get the image as sharp as possible. Occasionally the shimmering image jumps into focus - the trick is to take 3000 frames and then process the avi in registax and see what the end result is...

Ok thanks Malcolm :D...yup more frames! More frames!

Archived