Philips SPC880 drivers

Hi, i'm hoping someone might be able to help, i have a philips spc880nc (it is supposed to be flashed to 900), i have downloaded from Morgans the drivers for the 900 on win7 however the camera is not recognised at all.

We have a couple of old xp machines so can redo the flash, herein lies the problem, the drivers for the 880 on XP from morgans keep coming up as corrupt.

So, any ideas what might be wrong or alternatively anyone know an alternative site to download the xp drivers or anyone mind emailing me a copy of the drivers?

Thanks

Simon

Sorry, i have managed to download and install the win7 drivers, but the laptop wont recognise the camera, i have disabled the inbuilt cam incase of conflict. All i get is unknown device in the device manager in control panel, when i check the item it recognises it as a microphone but under manufacturer, model # and drivers it says unknown.

I was going to try and redo the flash mod but it is the xp drivers for the 880 that come up as corrupt.

Try manually installing the hardware - IIR the driver is installed under audio and game controllers for some reason.

1. Download the driver for Windows 7 at the Philips software and drivers page here. Download the driver file named "spc900nc_00_dw7_eng.exe". Here is the direct link to the file download: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spc900nc_00/spc900nc_00_dw7_eng.exe.
  2. After installing the driver, plug in the NexImage USB cable then go to the Windows device manager and find the "Unknown Device" entry.
  3. Right-click the "Unknown Device"
  4. Click "Update Driver Software"
  5. Click "Browse my computer"
  6. Click "Let me pick from a list"
  7. Select "Sound, video and Game controllers" then click Next
  8. Select "Philips CE CSI" and then "Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera"
  9. Click Next, and Yes to the "update driver warning"
  10. The camera should now be usable in Windows7 apps, including AMCap. It will be listed as Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera"

Archived