Problem with laser bracket

Well I received my laser today from the astronomy and laser centre, and the separate bracket with the sticky tape on it has two thumb screws to hold the bracket with the laser, but the two screws ar an inch long :( If I screw them in with the bracket stuck to the OTA the screws will hit the body of the OTA before anywhere near holding down the laser bracket, I would have thought this would have been obvious to anyone

:D

The sticky tape peeled off mine the first night I used it, which sent the laser and bracket crashing to the ground, so I wouldn't worry about the screws too much.

I found out that night that the laser didn't work in the cold either, well it did but for about 5 seconds, so I never bothered refitting it.

I think the screws were the right size though, even if they were cheap nylon rubbish.:D

i'd looked at these for a while but decided that i could make my own bracket. So, with some 32mm PVC plumbing pipe, a few thumb screws and velcro to hold it on it was done - cost me nothing as i had the parts laying about...i marked the OTA with a fine-tipped permanent marker after centre-aligning it on a target 500yds away to assist with reseating it if it gets wobbled/nudged out of alignment.

oh, and sorry if it seems i hijacked the thread, wasn't intentional.

post-32627-133877736453_thumb.jpg

post-32627-13387773646_thumb.jpg

post-32627-133877736466_thumb.jpg

Not at all C3Po, all are welcome, That's a very good idea you had there and all you have to do it twist that bolt to turn it on, maybe if you pack the tube with foam it will keep the laser warm in the winter too

i think i've got a solution to that problem too.... i've got a re-usable hand warmer that i place over the bracket assembly and strap it down with a bit of masking tape. Either that or i remove the laser and put into an inside breast pocket of my coat when it's not being used.

Excellent :(

It just dawned on me that when I ordered this laser they had a special offer on and were doing a cleaning kit for just £2.00 I included it but it was not in the parcel, I emailed and told them, they emailed back and said are you saying it was not in the parcel, I emailed yes and told them I had been out to the bin and fished out the bag it all came in and it is definitely not there, she emailed me back and said, Sorry, are you saying you have not received it.

This is fun isn't it, I'm guessing she won't be applying to Mensa any time soon :D

Archived