ASTRO-WEB CAM NOT WORKING! Please Help

Hello all....I hope you can help

I eventually bought a web cam, I bought this...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

BUT! I cannot get it to work in my NetBook. Its a Samsung Net Book NF110, on Windows 7 starter. And I have disabled the internal web cam. My net book wont recognise that the web cam is plugged in. When I open up the software it only recognises the microphone in the webcam. I have even uninstalled the internal web cam the internal still works when opening the astro-software.

The guy I bought it from suggested I do the following...I have tried all of the following...

''1 - turn off the web cam on your laptop

2 - install the relevant drivers from the CD.

3 - install some capture software (I would start off with Sharpcap)

4 - plug in your webcam (this should then find the drivers you installed in 2.

5 - launch Sharpcap and trun on the image preview mode.

For a start, I would suggest you try unplugging the webcam, rebooting the computer, then plugging in the webcam again. Then try launching Sharpcap.

If this doesn't work, open Vlounge (the Windows 7 software you installed) and see if it recognises the webcam as being present.

If this doesn't work, open 'control panel' (or whatever it is called in Windows 7) and go to system manager. Go to hardware and check that it is registering the SPC900 as being present and that the drivers are correctly installed.

Next would be to try re-installing the drivers and start again.''

I tried adding the web cam as a new devise, it still isnt picking it up...

ANY SUGGESTIONS!! I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Archived