SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QGVideo - No camera detected?

Johnboy2011

For some reason PHD and QGvideo do not recognise my QHY5 tonight. I have reinstalled the drivers but no difference. In the device manager I can see something is there but the computer does not recognise it and says there is no driver.

I've had this running just fine before, what am I missing?!!

John

Have you checked out the manual entry about "loosing its ID (PID/VID)" - apparently, it's possible for the on-board non-volatile memory to become corrupt, if bad things happen to the power, IIRC

See <http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=b9d807ba056b43749b25cbc3691a26b7&topic=2569.0> for this, or just ask QHY support on the forums - they seem pretty good.

Best wishes.

My laptop did crash with the camera plugged in so maybe this caused it. I saw the thread on the forum but apparently you need xp to re-flash it and I only have 7 so I popped it in the post to Bernard at Modern Astronomy, hopefuly he an sort it!

John

Archived