Request for another sticky in this section

Plea to the mods.

Can someone create and place a sticky in this section. It seems there are several questions that keep cropping up time and time again..

• inputting the correct date format, time and zone settings into SW goto handsets
  • Using the correct long and lat format (HH:MM:SS) when setting up same SW goto handsets

It could include basic setup and balance but I think this is then becoming less generic, but I think we need something that we can keep referring beginners to each time these questions get asked, rather than having to personally run through the procedure over and over again.

May be a reasonable idea as the question comes up with regularity. However I suspect that the different SW scopes have slightly different set up options. Then come the Meades and the models they have, 2 handsets easily with/without GPS. How many do we cover?

Also I have the impression that people perform the set up slightly differently, could be an arguement between members on who is right/wrong.

The information is actually written in the handbook. RTM!!!

The manuals are available on line.

Everyone swears blind they have entered the data correctly.

Archived